All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Our priority is to keep our staff and our precious campers and families safe. It has become increasingly clear that vaccines have proven to be the best protection from COVID-19. As of January 1, 2023, campers, staff & volunteers within Summer 2023 programming are required have the primary series AND one booster dose (bivalent) received after September 1, 2022*, to prevent against COVID-19.
As with other vaccine-preventable diseases, you are protected best from COVID-19 when you stay up to date with the recommended vaccinations, including recommended boosters. The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp strongly encourages everyone stay up to date with all vaccines, particularly those to protect against COVID-19. CDC guidance on COVID vaccination can be found here.
*The booster dose must be administered two weeks PRIOR to your participation in Camp programming.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp will be offering eight, seven-day sessions in summer 2023, operating at a reduced capacity and with various COVID-19 safety protocols incorporated including a requirement that all participants be fully vaccinated.
While we anticipate a traditional season, Camp’s medical team will continue following local, state and national public health guidelines and those considerations will ultimately determine how we can most safely conduct our on-site program.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and we will consider candidates for phone interviews. Positions may require several phone interviews. All hires will be contingent on positive references and criminal background check. Medical and tax forms as applicable will be provided once an applicant has been accepted.
To apply, please click "not a member" on the application page to create an account, then proceed to the application.
Reference Forms / Letters
Three references are required for NEW applicants; at least one must be a professional reference. References from family or friends will NOT be considered.
Two references are required for RETURNING applicants; at least one must be a professional reference. References from family or friends will NOT be considered.
2023 Summer Schedule
- Session 1 (General Diagnosis) Saturday, June 17 - Friday, June 23
- Session 2 (General Diagnosis) Monday, June 26 - Sunday, July 2
- Session 3 (Sickle Cell) Thursday, July 6 - Wednesday, July 12
- Session 4 (General Diagnosis) Saturday, July 15 - Friday, July 21
- Session 5 (General Diagnosis) Monday, July 24 - Sunday, July 30
- Session 6 (Sickle Cell) Wednesday, August 2 - Tuesday, August 8
- Session 7 (General Diagnosis) Saturday, August 12 - Friday, August 18
- Session 8 (Sibling) Monday, August 21 - Sunday, August 27
- Housing and meals provided
- Travel reimbursement of up to $200 available for candidates traveling more than 500 miles to Hole in the Wall
- For salary range information, please contact Emily Ring, Nursing Director.
Questions regarding medical staff and volunteer positions and/or the application process can be directed to Emily Ring, Nursing Director.
Looking for non-medical staff or Hero’s Journey staff opportunities? Interested in volunteering?
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.