Governance & Evaluation
The Camp’s Board of Directors provides guidance and strategic oversight of the organization. Board committees include Executive, Development, Finance, Buildings and Grounds and Program Committees. Camp's Medical Director establishes the medical program and criteria for camper enrollment; establishes protocols and procedures for camper care; recruits physicians, nurses and laboratory technicians; and coordinates the resources of Yale-New Haven and other participating hospitals.
Rated a four-star charity by Charity Navigator, designating The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp an official “Give with Confidence” charity.
Verification of excellent service delivery and adherence to health and camping standards are derived from the following external sources:
- Regular accreditation (every three years) by the American Camp Association (our most recent accreditation reflects the highest possible rating of 100%)
- Annual evaluation by state and local health and fire officials to ensure compliance with mandatory health and safety codes
- Program Impact/Benefit Studies conducted on an annual basis, utilizing camper and parent satisfaction surveys
- Independent audit of finances on an annual basis conducted by McGladrey & Pullen, certified public accountants
- A consistent “A” rating for the cost of fundraising by the American Philanthropic Institute
- Annual registration and compliance with State of Connecticut Attorney General’s Charity Division regulations, and adherence to other states’ charity registration laws and procedures as applicable