Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually – all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast.
This position works closely with the Medical Director, Director of Nursing and Clinical Operations and Nursing Coordinator to provide safe and effective nursing care for all campers, families, staff, and volunteers. The position will include administrative work in support of our Infirmary operations and will work closely with our Admissions team. Our Staff Nurse provides integral support to our programming efforts and joins in modeling and projecting our culture of Safety, Respect, and Love.
Our Staff Nurse can expect to…
- Act as primary reviewer and point of contact for all staff and volunteer medical forms. Will work with staff and volunteers to ensure that medical forms are complete and meet all requirements for participation.
- Act as primary reviewer of all camper and family weekend applications. Will work with the rest of the medical team to ensure all applicants and participants have complete medical forms and meet all requirements for safe participation.
- Participate as a member of the medical leadership team and infirmary coverage schedule during our Summer Program (June-August).
- Participate as a member of the emergency/crisis response team
- Liaise with camper and providers and/or parents/guardians regarding camper health and wellness
- Collaborate with the rest of the medical leadership team to ensure medically safe programming
- Assist with planning and participate in summer staff and volunteer orientations.
- Routinely utilize all camper databases including Salesforce
- Assist with special projects and perform additional duties as assigned
Our Staff Nurse should have…
- Bachelor of Science Nursing Degree
- Active State of Connecticut Registered Nursing License
- Certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and CPR
- The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural environments
- Clinical proficiency with nursing procedures, equipment, protocols used at camp.
- A sense of humor and the ability to find a balance between focused professionial endeavors and unstructured fun
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to bring a creative edge to procedural data processing, communications, and activities
- A familiarity with key software and database resources (e.g. Microsoft Office, Salesforce, FormAssembly, etc.) and adaptable digital skills
- A willingness and ability to operate computer for extended periods with appropriate breaks.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record which meets THITWG insurance carrier requirements
- Minimum two years of clinic experience preferred
- Pediatric nursing experience (preferred)
- Previous camp experience (preferred)
More info about this position:
- This position is 50% time (2.5 days per week year round) with the potential to work remotely during the .5 day
- Occasional weekend work may be required during summer months (June-August)due to Summer Program responsibilities
- Weekend work is not required during Spring/Fall Weekend programming
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and growth opportunities for high contributors. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.