Registered Dietician Consultant
This position is contracted for 4 hrs/week starting May 29 - August 18.
This position is primarily remote with limited in-person/on-site onboarding.
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually - all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast and mid-Atlantic.
The role of the Registered Dietician Consultant is to support the dietary & kitchen teams through creating individualized meal plans for Campers with specialized dietary needs. The Registered Dietician Consultant will at all times model our culture of Safety, Respect, and Love.
Our Registered Dietician Consultant can expect to...
- Assures provision of quality nutritional care to Campers by assessing nutritional status and developing care plan in conjunction with parents, caregivers, medical and kitchen staff.
- Assess nutritional status of Campers with specialized diets. Develop, document, and implement nutritional plan based on assessment through communication with parents and caregivers to determine needs, preferences and restrictions.
- Assemble and distribute meal plans ensuring all requirements are met, which may include food intolerances, food allergies, restrictions related to a health condition, physician-prescribed therapeutic diets, and other medical dietary restrictions.
- Update, maintain and ensure accuracy of dietary-related information in Salesforce/EMR. Ensure stakeholders have necessary dietary-related information on all campers, as applicable.
- Serve as resource for Kitchen and Medical teams related to any questions on camper dietary needs, restrictions, substitutions, et cetera.
- Provides guidance and instruction to dietary support staff in performance of daily work activities.
- Develop and present education and onboarding materials for dietary support staff through collaboration with the Medical Team.
- Participate in the development of dietary policies, procedures and systems for Campers to provide continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the dietary program.
- Know and adhere to the policies and procedures contained in the Camp & Medical Program Manuals.
Our Registered Dietician Consultant should have...
- Bachelor or Masters of Science in Nutrition or completion of Didactic Program in Dietetics in accordance with Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) of the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics leading to registration eligibility.
- Registered Dietitian with American Dietetic Association Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- 1+ years of clinical experience.
- CT Dietitian Certification.
- The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural environments.
- Clear and concise interpersonal communication skills; written and verbal communication skills to diverse internal/external stakeholders, including reports, written communications, and presentations to key audiences.
- A familiarity with key software and database resources (e.g. Microsoft Office, Salesforce, FormAssembly, etc.) and adaptable digital skills.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy in accordance with Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics standards.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19, plus booster that meets current medical requirements.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply, please use the provided link. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.