Regional Manager NY/NJ, Hospital Outreach
New York/New Jersey HOP
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually – all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast.
Major Function of the Position:
Supervises assigned regional team of Hospital Outreach Specialists. Supports and strengthens Camp’s relationships with participating medical facilities. Acts as a member of the HOP leadership team to advance the Camp’s mission.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Recruits, hires, trains, supervises, and mentors Hospital Outreach Specialists in assigned region.
- Coordinates development and delivery of HOP programs and activities throughout the region, encouraging idea sharing and ensuring consistent representation of Camp philosophy.
- Plans and implements orientation for all new HOP Specialists, including review of HOP trainings, shadowing, introductions and tours of assigned medical facilities, and other training as needed. Coordinates all credentialing and required paperwork for new employees.
- Supervises and communicates regularly with HOP Specialists.
- Meets and communicates regularly with HOP Director, collaborating in development, implementation, and tracking of programs to support the mission.
- Serves as primary liaison with assigned medical facilities, ensuring that they see HOP as a valuable adjunct to their services.
- Engages HOP team in management of administrative functions including, but not limited to: scheduling, volunteer coordination, paperwork coordination, event preparation and facilitation, etc.
- In conjunction with the Director of Research and Evaluation, implements measurement tools to evaluate program success and stakeholder satisfaction for all Camp programs. Creates and implements changes to further improve and grow programs.
- In conjunction with the HOP Director, develops and manages regional budget.
- Engages in public relations and outreach to medical facilities in region, providing information about HOP services and developing relationships and opportunities to expand the understanding of the program.
- Assists with special projects and performs additional duties as assigned.
- Hospital Outreach Specialists in assigned region.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum three years’ previous experience working with children dealing with chronic or life-threatening illness.
- Strong preference for previous professional experience within the SeriousFun Network Camps.
- Preference for creative arts/teaching experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, social work, or other related field; or equivalent experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 Suite.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Coaching of staff will be primarily conducted in the hospital or in the clinic.
- Ability to demonstrate activities.
- Ability to transport approximately 40 pounds of supplies to service delivery sites, using cart or other means.
- Occasional attendance at additional HITWG events. Successful completion of pre-employment medical requirements of assigned hospitals, which may include physical exam and immunizations. Valid driver’s license and driving record which meets HITWG insurance carrier requirements. Ability to travel to regional worksites and organization meetings.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply, please click "Apply Now" and send your resume and cover letter. Additionally, please complete this creative questionnaire and send to email@example.com.Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.