New Haven, CT
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually – all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is currently seeking a highly motivated and uniquely qualified person for the position of Peer to Peer Coordinator. As part of a dynamic Peer-to-Peer (P2P) fundraising team, the coordinator will manage a robust portfolio of assigned events and key relationships while maintaining a laser focus on meeting set recruitment and revenue targets. The coordinator will strategically engage new participants and thoughtfully steward existing relationships with friends of all ages who are inspired to join or develop fundraising activities benefitting Camp.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Develops/implements P2P recruitment and fundraising strategies for assigned events including Camp Challenge, Virtual Race Series, Kids for Camp, College Campership Challenge and Facebook FUNraisers.
- Maintains a diligent focus on sponsorship acquisition, leadership management and participant recognition.
- Manages P2P groups/participants through proactive, multi-channel communication efforts and in-person meetings.
- Provides solutions-oriented customer service to participants on matters pertaining to registration, fundraising, matching gifts and IT-related issues.
- Responsible for comprehensive event oversite including the management of all logistics as well as the creation/tracking of detailed documentation including budgets and operational plans.
- Collaborates with the Director of Community and Corporate Partnerships and the communications team on carefully coordinated messaging pertaining to recruitment and optimal participant engagement.
- Collaborates with the Director of Volunteers on the assignment and management of volunteers while simultaneously identifying, recruiting, managing and stewarding key volunteer leaders.
- Collaborates with the gift processing team on producing routine database reports designed to track recruitment, fundraising progress, retention, year-to-year comparative analyses and gift reconciliation.
- Promotes P2P events digitally and strategically implements/monitors P2P social media strategies.
- Manages the Fan Zone presence and on-site activation at the PGA TOUR Travelers Championship event including set up, staffing, expenses and activities.
- Collaborates with the Director of Community and Corporate Partnerships in coordinating optimal employee engagement of corporate partners through Camp’s Helping Hands Workday Program while maintaining a focus on generating new revenue from corporate volunteers.
- Oversees inventory, orders and vendor relationships pertaining to all P2P merchandise, apparel and collateral.
- Works closely with development colleagues on identifying and cultivating P2P participants with major gift potential.
- Pursues and participates in the roll-out of grassroots marketing strategies driving peer-to-peer recruitment.
- Collaborates with P2P colleagues on developing uniquely compelling event experiences demonstrative of The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp’s distinctive culture and strong sense of community. Such events include receptions, pre- and post-event celebrations and training sessions.
- Assists in monitoring the P2P hotline and email inbox and provides excellent customer service including proactive contact plans, regular communications, fundraising advice and technical/general support.
- Assists with special projects and performs additional duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- 2-3 years of professional experience with nonprofit fundraising, marketing and/or peer-to-peer programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related field.
- Passion for The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp’s programs or a demonstrated commitment to providing services for children with chronic or life-threatening illness.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Motivated self-starter and diligent multitasker who is passionate about fundraising and participant recruitment.
- Strong attention to detail and highly effective project management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated capacities for effective relationship management and customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with social media, database software and P2P platforms (preferably Raiser’s Edge or similar applications).
- The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural environments.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to operate computer for most of workday with appropriate rest periods.
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends and occasional overnight travel.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record which meets HITWG insurance carrier requirements. Ability to travel to assigned worksites.
- Ability to work outdoor events in varied weather conditions, traverse varied terrain and lift/carry materials up to 40 pounds.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply, please click the "Apply Now" button below and send your resume and a cover letter. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.