Medical Team Administrative Assistant
On-site, some remote time possible
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually - all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast and mid-Atlantic.
Our Medical Team Administrative Assistant serves as the primary overseer of many of our Infirmary's office and workflow functions. Working alongside the rest of our Medical Team, they will focus their efforts on the clerical processes, communications, and data resources that fill day-to-day operations. Their efforts will ensure that our medical professionals are able to commit as much of their time and attention as possible to the medical needs of our participant, volunteer, and staff community.
Our Medical Team Administrative Assistant can expect to...
- Serve as primary clerical support for infirmary operations. Answer phones, greet visitors, manage ingoing/outgoing, mail, shredding sensitive documents, file, scan, and upload volunteer or camper files into database, etc.
- Serve as primary liaison to Facilities and IT team. Report concerns (e.g. repairs, leaks, lighting, housekeeping, etc.), oversee an inventory and distribution of facilities resources (e.g. keys, walkie talkies, etc.), and maintain office equipment.
- Work to ensure that the Infirmary is kept clean, organized, and fully stocked with office and medical supplies across its various functional spaces (e.g. nurses station, treatment rooms, overnight housing rooms, laundry, and storage)
- Maintain a clean and welcoming waiting area that offers games, toys, and other activities to campers. Work with Program and Family Outreach Teams to arrange, gather, and return items whenever necessary.
- Serve as primary contact for other Camp departments, communicating infirmary schedules, contact numbers, and updates to colleagues and collaborating teams.
- Maintain all medical supplies, equipment & formulary, to include purchasing & ensuring adequate inventory, inventory reconciliation & identification of needed supplies.
- Work with supply and biomedical support vendors for supply pickup/delivery (e.g. Stericycle, Oxygen delivery, McKesson), annual equipment checks, and repairs as needed.
- Assist Director of Nursing with maintaining and updating volunteer registration forms, database recordkeeping, confirmation, welcome, and orientation materials. Troubleshoot and work with database administrator(s) and volunteer coordinator as needed.
- Ensure medical volunteers are up to date on licensing requirements & certifications (CT RN license, medical license, BLS) and appropriately documented in database. Serve as primary point of contact for all medical certifications & licensing updates.
- Configure and post medical staff and volunteer housing assignments for each session (weekends or summer).
- Assemble and post weekly session schedules for infirmary shifts, staff & volunteer time off & program coverage.
- Greet and check in Infirmary medical volunteers. Provide name tags, staff shirt(s), program schedule, housing information, and other relevant information/documents.
- Assist Staff Nurse with maintaining and updating staff and volunteer medical forms, database record keeping, automation, email templates, and any related supplement forms/functionality. Troubleshoot and work with database administrator(s) as necessary.
- Support the enforcement of staff and volunteer medical requirements. Assist with the review of submitted medical forms for employment & program participation and with communication with staff and volunteer constituents.
- Prepare the infirmary for check-in day, including the check- in day materials and set up of all check in locations (i.e. ensuring necessary work surfaces, seating, and other related materials and supplies).
- Collaborate with medical volunteers and others on Infirmary projects.
- Welcome camper walk-ins, bringing them to treatment room & notifying appropriate medical team members.
- Assist with any medical transport, copy chart, call 911, notify program team, coordinate driver.
- Ensure familiarity with all program manuals, polices, and procedures. Assist in emergency drills and situations as needed.
Our Medical Team Administrative Assistant should have...
- A degree and/or coursework in a related field is desirable, but there is no minimum education requirement.
- Experience managing a high-volume flow of constituent data, using paper and web-based forms in conjunction with a CRM database system.
- Experience managing rosters, assigning housing, and coordinating the welcoming and care of constituents while taking into consideration a wide-range of needs and considerations.
- Experience in working in a non-profit and/or medical setting is desirable.
- The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural environments.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and prioritize workdays/projects independently.
- A familiarity with key software and database resources (e.g. Microsoft Office, Salesforce, FormAssembly, etc.) and adaptable digital skills.
- A willingness and ability to work some evening work (Friday for example- adjusted hours).
- A willingness and ability to work in-person with some infrequent remote work possible.
- A willingness and ability to work some weekend days (session opening and closing days in summer).
- Ability to operate computer for extended periods with appropriate breaks.
- Valid driver's license and driving record which meets HITWGC insurance carrier requirements.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19, plus a booster that meets current medical requirements.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply, please use the provided link. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.