Manager of Development Systems
New Haven, CT
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually – all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast.
The Manager of Development Systems will play a critical role in helping The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp meet its fundraising goals by managing and reporting from an extensive and growing donor database. In addition, the Manager will work with organizational leadership to expand the pool of major donors by overseeing the prospect management system.
Our Manager of Development Systems can expect to…
- Oversee and manage Blackbaud fundraising product suite (Raiser’s Edge, Luminate, ImportOmatic, etc.), including maintaining account relationships and product updates.
- Manage all aspects of database coding and management with a focus on data integrity.
- Oversee day to day gift processing protocol to ensure efficiency and accuracy in collaboration with Director and team.
- Produce queries, reports and lists for stewardship, cultivation and solicitation activities and prospect management.
- In collaboration with Senior Director of Development, manages the production of financial, constituent and gift analysis reports. Produces audit reports for the Chief Financial Officer.
- Enhance, develop and produce regular suite of reports and manage distribution of data and information including reconciliation with the Finance Department.
- Create and manage dashboards for fundraising, financial reporting and task and prospect management.
- Provide staff training, support and feedback on data entry and reporting for all database users.
- Maintain an efficient system for coordinating and tracking donor stewardship and recurring gift activity.
- Develop and maintain internal policies and procedures to ensure the quality and integrity of the database.
- Pinpoint opportunities for improved data quality and streamlined data entry.
- Maintain and refine current prospect management system to support programs for major gifts and leadership annual giving.
- Manage monthly donor screening process, including pulling list of donors to be screened, managing relationships with prospect research companies, uploading results and working with the Senior Director of Development to review and assign prospects.
- Work with colleagues across the department to maintain relationship tracking in the database.
- Work to ensure donor wealth screenings and other fundraising-related data is up to date and accurate.
- Integrate key prospect information from across research tools (Evertrue, LinkedIn, LexusNexis, etc.) into the database, including relationships, wealth indicators and philanthropic interests.
- Provide succinct and goal-based recommendations for utilizing findings and research in alignment with Hole in the Wall’s larger strategic goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Our Manager of Development Systems should have…
- A Bachelor’s degree (required).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with Blackbaud, CRM and prospect management.
- The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural environments.
- Experience in utilizing Salesforce and Crystal Reports.
- Prior engagement or oversight of a database migration.
- Experience conducting prospect research and analyzing information resources, including the use of fundraising databases as well as wealth and philanthropy research tools.
- Experience locating, analyzing, interpreting, and synthesizing biographical, business, and finding data from an array of sources.
- Experience adhering to the highest standard of professional ethics, complying with APRA’s Statement of Ethics and lead fundraising organization ethics policies.
- An understanding of the types of data, reports and analyses needed to support the fundraising efforts of a growing mid-sized nonprofit.
- The ability to communicate analytics to non-technical audiences and translate fundraisers’ needs into tangible solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and troubleshoot database challenges.
- The ability to apply creative decision-making to complex challenges.
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Strong analytical skills.
- The ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information appropriately.
- A proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- A willingness and ability to operate computer for most of the workday with appropriate rest periods.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and growth opportunities for high contributors. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.