Foundation and Corporate Relations Manager
New York, NY
New Haven, CT
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually - all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast and mid-Atlantic.
The Foundation and Corporate Relations Manager will play a crucial role in implementing the foundations strategy to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward private and corporate foundations. The role will work in a collaborative team environment and report to the Director of Community and Corporate Partnerships. The person will manage an active portfolio of prospects and donors and will create thoughtful opportunities for foundation engagement.
Our Foundation and Corporate Relations Manager can expect to...
- Manage an active portfolio of 80-100 foundation donors and prospects through all phases of the donor pipeline, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship and explores opportunities to expand current partnerships.
- Responsible for prospecting and driving strategic portfolio growth.
- Provide support to senior development and major gifts colleagues on foundation and corporate foundation donors and prospects, as needed.
- Manage and maintain grants calendar for The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
- Prepare and submit written materials, including LOIs, proposals, grant applications, and grant reports.
- Collaborate with senior development and colleagues on written materials, as needed.
- In collaboration with senior development, lead in the development, implementation, and execution of foundation and corporate foundation strategy.
- Build foundation and corporate foundation relationships and increases The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp's brand awareness.
- Develop content that details opportunities for corporate foundations to support The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp in collaboration with senior development and colleagues.
- In collaboration with the Director of Special Events, solicit corporate donors through online grant applications, as requested.
- Support the organization's relationship with America's Charities, filling out applications and fulfilling requests.
- Plan and conduct site visits and tours with foundation representatives, as requested.
- Maintain accurate records on Raiser's Edge database and track action items for foundation and corporate foundation proposals.
- Assist with special projects and perform additional duties as assigned.
Our Foundation and Corporate Relations Manager should have...
- 3-5 years of experience in managing corporate and foundation fundraising desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in fundraising databases, such as The Raiser's Edge, for maximum effectiveness.
- Ability to work independently on several projects simultaneously.
- High attention to detail, organization and deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and tools.
- Ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural environments.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to operate computer for most of workday with appropriate rest periods.
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends and occasional overnight travel.
- Valid Driver's license and driving record which meets HITWG insurance carrier requirements. Ability to travel to assigned worksites.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19, plus booster that meets current medical requirements.
- Could be based from any of our office/camp locations
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply, please use the provided link. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
Click Here to Apply
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.