Facilities Director - Maryland
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually - all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast and mid-Atlantic.
Directs all activities involved in the overall operation, maintenance and security of equipment, buildings, grounds and housekeeping, ensuring the cleanliness, good working order, and overall efficient management of all HITWG facilities. Create and maintain a safe working environment for staff, campers and guests, and offer a high level of collaboration within Facilities Department and across entire organization while ensuring campus safety and security.
Our Facilities Director - Maryland can expect to...
- Recruit, hire, train, monitor the work performance of, and plan for the continued professional development of all year-round and seasonal Facilities staff including but not limited to: maintenance, housekeeping, and security.
- Supervise all Facilities Department employees.
- Ensure flow down of communication within Facilities Department and across organization (as it relates to areas of responsibility).
- Schedule and assign tasks and projects to be done by Facilities staff or qualified outside contractors.
- React and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with timely, practical and cost effective solutions for dealing with issues while collaborating with other departments.
- Create annual and long-term plan for department growth to include "best practices or state of the art services" with emphasis on energy efficiency and green technology in all areas.
- Create and manage a Preventative Maintenance Program for all equipment.
- Develop and manage department budget.
- Write/update procedures for routine maintenance tasks.
- Routinely inspect all HITWG camp buildings and equipment to ensure their cleanliness, security, good working order and compliance with all health and safety standards.
- Maintain inventory control system for equipment and supplies (tools, equipment, linens, cleaning supplies, etc.) utilizing environmentally friendly products where ever possible.
- Research, plan and coordinate capital improvement projects.
- Lead and support safety actions, including creating policies and procedures for overall area and equipment.
- Orient and/or train volunteers and staff before they are allowed to operate equipment and machinery, as necessary.
- Ensure successful oversight and utilization of Facility project management software across the department and Camp program.
- Monitor work done by Facilities staff and outside contractors for adherence to State and Federal code requirements.
- Ensure all staff are aware of projects/decisions that allow ample time for planning and minimal activity disruption.
- Develop relationships and work closely with outside vendors and contractors.
- Serve as a member of the organization's Safety Committee.
- Coordinate and plan for volunteer workgroups and workdays.
- Serve as a member of emergency/crisis response team and therefore remains on-call at all times.
- Through positive leadership, demonstrates the core values of the organization
- Assist with special projects and performs additional duties as assigned.
Our Facilities Director - Maryland should have...
- Coursework and/or a degree in a related field is desirable, but there is no minimum education requirement.
- Extensive leadership experience including directly leading and developing a team of 3-5 or more employees.
- Experience and working hands on knowledge in areas of construction, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, grounds keeping and general maintenance.
- The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, customer service skills, and organizational skills.
- Familiarity utilizing Microsoft Office 365 and adaptable digital skills. Experience with facilities management software strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and review construction plans.
- Ability to operate computer.
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends and on call hours as needed.
- Valid Driver's license and driving record which meets HITWG insurance carrier requirements. Ability to travel to assigned worksites.
- Ability to work outdoor events in varied weather conditions, traverse varied terrain, and lift and carry materials up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to handle power tools and operate machinery.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19, plus booster that meets current medical requirements.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply, please use the provided link. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
Click Here to Apply
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.