Donor Relations Manager
New Haven, CT
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually - all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast and mid-Atlantic.
The Donor Relations Manager ensures that meaningful gratitude is expressed to The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp's donor community. This position develops, manages and executes a robust donor stewardship plan and supporting activities.
Our Donor Relations Manager can expect to...
- Develop and manage stewardship plans for the Hole in the Wall Gang camp's vast donor family by celebrating their extraordinary support through annual giving, events, peer-to-peer and special campaigns.
- Work strategically to steward, engage and further cultivate major gift, endowment, bequest, and long-term annual donors in partnership with gift officers.
- Partner with major gift staff to steward Camp's Top 50 donors as an assigned stewardship officer on the fundraising team.
- Order recognition and stewardship gifts for all fundraising efforts and needs; maintain inventory.
- Organize, manage and oversee thank you campaigns including quarterly updates to the acknowledgement letter, quarterly thank-a-thons with staff and volunteers, and annual Gratitude Month.
- In coordination with Special Events team, develop strategy and manage invitation and guest tracking for stewardship events including Bandit Round-Up, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp's annual gratitude event, ribbon cuttings, and groundbreakings.
- Maintain accurate information about donor-awards (Most-Wanted and milestone recipients); provide feedback and support for prospective honorees.
- Oversee documentation of archival naming as well as maintain current recognition inventory; prepare certificates, update plaques, oversee proper signage, and/or arrange for public recognition for donors at every gift level.
- Support annual reporting content, data and list management.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of featured donors, ready for publications when requested.
- Prepare Memorandas of Agreement for newly named funds and ensure that they are properly documented.
- Manage America's Charities as well as well as provide information and support for Charity Navigator and GuideStar.
- Prepare yearly reporting letters for donors with named funds including fair market value, book value, investment performance and use.
- Support corporate partner benefits, ensuring that promised benefits are delivered.
- Answer questions and problem solve regarding donor funds and gift documentation.
Our Donor Relations Manager should have...
- 2-5 years of experience in fundraising with demonstrated experience stewarding donors, or equivalent demonstrated development work experience.
- Ability to work with multiple departments within the development office and organization wide.
- Considerable experience working with and communicating financial information.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, both written and oral, as well as a high level of sophistication and maturity in social and professional settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Experience with Blackbaud products preferred.
- Detailed-oriented; a self-starter who takes initiative with excellent follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural environments.
- A willingness to travel and work some evenings and weekends.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19, plus booster that meets current medical requirements.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply, please use the provided link. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
Click Here to Apply
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.