Director of Annual Giving and Donor Relations
New Haven, CT
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually – all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast.
Advances initiatives focused on revenue growth, donor retention and relations. Leads and manages strategic growth efforts related to direct mail, digital fundraising and stewardship. Actively nurtures a culture of philanthropy and spirit of collaboration amongst all departments of The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
Our Director of Annual Giving and Donor Relations can expect to…
- Establish and manages cohesive and forward thinking, multi-channel direct mail, digital fundraising and engagement strategies with thoughtful goals and tracking mechanisms designed to acquire, retain and upgrade support to the Annual Fund.
- Design and executes a comprehensive stewardship program that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors.
- Collaborate with department directors and other front-line colleagues to assist with executing effective and tailored stewardship strategies for individuals, groups of donors and workplace giving.
- Collaborate with departmental colleagues, oversees the production of stewardship events including Bandit Round Up and Thank-A-Thons.
- Manage a specialized program for the retention of high-end donors ($5,000 and above) to the Annual Fund. Personally staffs 15-20 donor relationships while working closely with the major gifts team to ensure high-end donors in their portfolios are successfully solicited and stewarded in keeping with their level of giving.
- Oversee recording and acknowledgment process for all contributions to Hole in the Wall.
- Working closely with the Senior Director of Development, develops a diverse array of materials that support frontline individual giving efforts to increase the number of annual and multi-year commitments.
- Define list criteria, segments the lists and works with direct reports to produce mailing data from Raiser's Edge database.
- Supervise pledge reminders for multi-year commitments related to restricted and unrestricted contributions. Produces annual endowment fund reports (i.e. campership endowments) for the appropriate donors.
- Maintain knowledge of trends and best practices to inform, enrich and refresh ongoing fundraising efforts.
- Supervise two Development Associate staff members
- Assist with special projects and performs additional duties as assigned.
Our Director of Annual Giving and Donor Relations should have…
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five to seven years of experience in development including annual giving, data management for direct mail, digital fundraising, donor relations, staff management and workplace giving.
- Ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacities for creative thinking, strategic planning, and written communications
- Proficiency in fundraising databases, such as Raiser’s Edge for maximum effectiveness.
- Ability to work independently on several projects simultaneously.
- High attention to detail, organization and deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and tools.
- A willingness and ability to operate computer for most of the workday with appropriate rest periods.
- A willingness and ability to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends and occasional overnight travel.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record which meets Hole in the Wall’s insurance carrier requirements. Ability to travel to assigned worksites.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply, please use the link below. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.