New Haven, CT
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually – all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast.
Major Function of the Position:
The Development Associate will provide support to both the Peer-to-Peer (P2P) and Annual Fund fundraising programs with an emphasis on integrated cultivation, stewardship and conversion strategies pertaining to Camp’s growing donor population. The role assists with the management of key relationships, including corporate partners, P2P participants and annual donors in order to meet recruitment, retention and revenue goals.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Manages relationships of P2P fundraising groups and individuals through thoughtful and proactive phone calls, email communication and in-person meetings. Defines and implements various P2P program strategies including event logistics, providing materials, acknowledging leadership and offering fundraising guidance.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Peer-to-Peer Programs to optimize employee engagement by coordinating the Helping Hands Workday Program with a specific focus on generating new revenue from corporate volunteers.
- Works in close concert with the Director of Volunteers to manage and steward volunteers at P2P events.
- Manages Fan Zone presence at the Travelers Championship including set up, staffing, expenses and activities.
- Oversees inventory and orders for P2P stewardship merchandise, apparel and branded collateral. Manages relationships with apparel vendors.
- Collaborates with P2P staff to produce and support compelling event experiences that are emblematic of The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp’s unique culture and foster a strong sense of community. Such events include receptions, pre- and post-race celebrations and training sessions.
- Monitors P2P phone line and email, providing excellent customer service while also maintaining a proactive outreach plan including regular communications, fundraising guidance and technical/general support.
- Drives corporate engagement by supporting grassroots fundraising initiatives and the America’s Charities workplace giving partnership. Organizes all aspects of the America’s Charities partnership, including staffing the annual conference, facilitating stewardship mailings and representing Hole in the Wall at workplace giving events.
- With the Director of Annual Giving, produces cultivation and stewardship materials including campership cards, holiday cards, new donor conversion mailings and other pieces as needed. Ensures all audience segments are included by reviewing criteria and maintaining accurate records in Raiser’s Edge.
- With the Director of Annual Giving, manages an annual Holiday Tribute Card appeal, partnering with the Communications Manager to create cards and market the opportunity to a broader audience. Processes inquiries and directs volunteers in fulfilling Holiday Tribute Card orders.
- With the Director of Annual Giving, assists with the coordination of all aspects of the annual Bandit Round Up open house donor recognition event including preparation, set up and execution.
- With the Director of Annual Giving, supports Thank-A-Thon cultivation and stewardship call banks by coordinating callers, producing call materials, reviewing call lists and facilitating call sessions.
- Assists with special projects and performs additional duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum two years of experience in fundraising, donor relations, marketing or event implementation preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, customer service, project management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in P2P platforms, CRM (preferably Raiser's Edge) and CES (preferably Luminate Online or Salesforce) applications preferred. Experience with Microsoft products and Mac OS.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to operate a computer for most of the workday with appropriate rest periods.
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends and occasional overnight travel.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record which meet HITWG insurance carrier requirements. Ability to travel to assigned worksites. Ability to drive event supply transport vehicles including but not limited to cargo and passenger vans and 10-15 foot box trucks in suburban and city environments.
- Ability to work outdoor events in varied weather conditions, traverse varied terrain, and lift and carry materials up to forty pounds.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply, click "Apply Now" and send your resume and cover letter. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.