New Haven, CT
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually – all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is seeking a highly motivated, uniquely qualified person for the temporary position of Communications Intern to work 24 hours a week in our New Haven Office from June - August. The Communications Intern will provide support to the Director, Communications and Multimedia Producer with an emphasis on editorial responsibilities. The role assists with social media and digital planning and execution, publication development, media outreach activities and photography cataloguing.
Essential Functions of the Position.
- Provides input into social media calendar and post development across all platforms.
- Supports Search Engine Optimization activities including research opportunities for cross-linking.
- Ensure Website calendar, contacts and news are updated as needed.
- Provide editorial support including article development and light editing.
- Maintain publication indexes.
- Develop targeted media contact lists and assist with outreach as appropriate.
- Assist with photograph editing and cataloging into online system.
- Maintain inventory of marketing collateral and ensure adequate supplies.
- Assist with special projects and perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Previous office experience working with social media or publication production
- Preference for communications or marketing majors
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and all current social media platforms. Open to developing familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom.
- Preferred interest in video production.
- The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural environments.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to operate computer for most of workday with appropriate rest periods
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply, please click "Apply Now" and send your resume and cover letter. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.