CampOut Specialist CT
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually - all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast and mid-Atlantic.
Develops and delivers Hole in the Wall Gang Camp style activities and interactions to campers and their families, individually and in groups, in community settings throughout Northern New England. Collaborates with on-site professionals to offer supportive and uplifting programs for children and families affected by childhood illness. Brings the Spirit of The Hole In The Wall Gang Camp (Safety, Respect and Love) to all activities and interactions.
Our CampOut Specialist CT can expect to...
- Plan in-person and virtual activities and events for campers and their families including individual and group activities (games, arts and crafts, computer/multimedia projects, etc.), group outings to local museums, parks, attractions, etc.
- Arrange site for activities, invite participants, and coordinate all logistics.
- Works with the Director of Volunteers to recruit and manage volunteers from local community as needed.
- Identify communities and areas associated with one or more campers. Communicate with camper families and identified organizations to offer and promote the CampOut program, secure agreement to participate, and schedule and coordinate visits.
- Drive CampOut vehicle to designated locations throughout CT, MA, RI and points north.
- Lead or coordinate all activities on site.
- Adhere to all Camp and program site mandated policies, procedures and trainings regarding access, HIPAA, health and safety, etc.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and materials for use in programming.
- Continually evaluate and assess the effectiveness of activities and events and make changes for continuous improvement of program.
- Manage CampOut attendance, events, reports and relevant notes in Salesforce.
- Maintain specific records on the evolution of program activities and their effectiveness.
- Cultivate relationships in and out of the Camp community that will provide new program ideas and opportunities.
- Collaborate with other Camp staff, including Hospital Outreach, Parent Programs, and volunteers, in research and development toward the enhancement of program offerings.
- Manage CampOut schedule and budget for efficient program delivery.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on time (reimbursement forms, monthly statistics, etc.).
- Represent the Camp as assigned at fundraising or other public events.
Our CampOut Specialist CT should have...
- Previous experience working with children dealing with chronic or life-threatening illness.
- Strong preference for previous professional experience within the SeriousFun Camps.
- Preference for teaching or event planning experience.
- A degree and/or coursework in a related field is also desirable, but there is no minimum education requirement.
- The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual/Spanish language skills desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Office 365, Salesforce, Skype for Business and Outlook
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- A comfort with delivering programming in indoor or outdoor public locations, such as museums, parks, community centers and attractions.
- Ability to transport approximately 40 pounds of supplies to service delivery sites, using cart or other means.
- Valid Driver's license and driving record which meets HITWG insurance carrier requirements.
- Ability and flexibilty to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends, and occasional overnight travel.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19, plus booster
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply, please use the link below. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce. In keeping with Camp’s core value of Camaraderie, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp fosters a community of purposeful inclusion through a commitment to diversity and equity.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.