Associate Director of Digital Communications
New York, NY
New Haven, CT
*Proximity to New Haven office preferred (for onsite work and meetings). Could be located near other office locations with appropriate meeting and event travel
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually - all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast and mid-Atlantic.
Develops and executes a fully integrated digital strategy to help achieve organizational goals and supports all related communications, fundraising and initiatives while managing a content calendar as well as all associated content, vendors and budgets
Our Associate Director of Digital Communications can expect to...
- Plan and execute social media activities and support fundraising efforts across all platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, blogs, etc.), while seeking new and innovative ways to elevate conversations, activate influencers, engage key audiences.
- Define social media benchmarks and measure impact, developing action items to continually improve engagement.
- Engage with social media audiences, monitor daily activity across all channels and reports on results.
- In collaboration with Hole in the Wall's website designer/host, ensure a seamless user experience that best reflects the organization's distinctive mission.
- Analyze and optimize website performance and regularly update pages to ensure that all content is current, comprehensive and compelling.
- Identify and implement ways to improve The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp's search ranking.
- Maintain and maximize Google Advertising Grant.
- Oversee digital advertising campaigns that build brand awareness, support fundraising initiatives and help to achieve other organizational objectives.
- Disseminate all e-newsletters and collaborates with development department colleagues and communications team members on content creation.
- Develop and manage a regionally diverse network of freelance/volunteer photographers and videographers to ensure ongoing coverage of Camp programming and events while also building/maintaining a robust library of dynamic digital content.
- Oversee summer media staff, including hiring process and providing ongoing guidance and feedback.
- Edit and oversee the production of videos for communications initiatives, development activities, program needs, HR trainings and other approved purposes.
- Work collaboratively with communications colleagues to effectively integrate photo/video content into print, digital and other platforms.
- Ensure that all digital content adheres to The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp's branding, voice and style guide.
- Provide regular reports on digital initiatives that are in strategic alignment with key performance indicators and always seek a favorable return on investment.
- Gather and analyze data on an ongoing basis to better understand key audiences and guide future digital content creation.
- Proactively and creatively seek innovative ways to use video, photo, graphics, animation and other forms of digital media to support Camp's organizational goals.
- Create and manage a digital archival system for the management of all media assets, ensuring that all content is preserved, secured, digitized and indexed so as to be accessible for development, public relations and other organizational needs.
- Oversee third-party access to Camp media.
- Stay up to date with the latest digital trends and best practices, with particular attention paid to the nonprofit sector.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable standards and guidelines.
Our Associate Director of Digital Communications should have...
- Minimum of three years in professional communications roles; digital and social media experience is required.
- The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural environments.
- A motivated self-starter and solution-oriented team-player who is creative, innovative adaptable and strategic in responding to, anticipating and meeting organizational needs.
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines and content calendars.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience working with various forms of media, including digital video and still photography, as well as asset management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well as various design and multimedia technologies and software systems (e.g., DSLR cameras, digital video cameras, Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills as well as the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors in hot and cold weather conditions.
- Ability to operate computer for extended periods with appropriate breaks.
- Valid Driver's license and driving record which meets HITWG insurance carrier requirements.
- Ability to move and manage media equipment as needed.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19, plus booster that meets current medical requirements.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply, please use the provided link. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
Click Here to Apply
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.