Assistant Director of Facilities
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually – all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast.
In conjunction with the Director of Facilities engages in activities involved in the overall operation, maintenance and security of equipment, buildings, grounds and housekeeping, ensuring the cleanliness, good working order, and overall efficient management of all HITWG facilities. Responsible for direct supervision of the buildings and grounds staff.
Our Assistant Director of Facilities can expect to…
- Through positive leadership, demonstrate the core values of the organization
- Schedule, assign and manage tasks and projects to be done by in house staff as well as qualified outside contractors
- React and adjust quickly to changing conditions with timely, practical and cost effective solutions for dealing with issues in collaboration with other departments
- Create and manage a preventative maintenance program for all equipment (camp vehicles, carts, etc), including ordering parts and coordinating with the local garages and part-time camp mechanic.
- Routinely inspect all HITWG camp buildings and equipment to ensure their cleanliness, security, good working order and compliance with all health and safety standards. Responsible for compiling annual building inspections
- Monitor work done by outside contractors for adherence to State and Federal Code Requirements, as well as contract requirements.
- Oversee shipping & receiving for the Camp.
- Oversee all safety inspections (fire extinguishers, emergency lights, exit signs, furnace filters, generators, etc.)
- Support the Facilities Director in all areas including strategic planning and troubleshooting.
- Utilize the facility project management software to assign specific tasks and manage recurring tasks
- Share on-call duties with the Director of Facilities
- Oversee the taking of daily water readings at the pump house and septic dose chambers and enter into Sharepoint database. Closely monitor trends and assist in developing action plans to reduce water usage.
- Collaborate on special projects and perform additional duties as assigned
- Directly supervise our grounds staff
- Directly supervise our buildings staff
Our Assistant Director of Facilities should have…
- Five years practical experience and hands on knowledge in areas of construction, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, housekeeping, groundskeeping, and general maintenance
- Experience supervising a staff
- The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural environments.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously with changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, customer service skills, and organizational skills
- Ability to operate computer and a proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Facilities software strongly preferred
- Strong project management skills and an ability to troubleshoot and provide solutions
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends and on call hours as needed, and to respond to emergencies and any issues that arise.
- Valid driver's license and driving record which meets HITWG insurance carrier requirements. Ability to travel to assigned worksites.
- Ability to work outdoor events in varied weather conditions, traverse varied terrain, and lift and carry materials up to 75 pounds
- Ability to handle power tools and operate machinery
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply, please use the link below. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.