Hybrid - varies by season
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually - all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast and mid-Atlantic.
The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for supporting the efforts of the Admissions team in promoting residential program opportunities, gathering and processing required application information, and assisting community members as they apply and prepare for upcoming participation. While performing these and related responsibilities, our Admissions Coordinator is expected to further and enhance our organizational culture and core values.
Our Admissions Coordinator can expect to…
- Assist in developing recruitment plans for enrollment that encourage diverse participation in residential programs.
- Coordinate with hospital contacts to represent and promote Camp to clinic professionals, support groups, parents, and children through hospital visits, clinic meetings, and day/evening events.
- Coordinate the development of promotional materials.
- Complete administrative duties such as mailings, update spreadsheets, data entry, recording and managing travel reimbursements.
- Assist in ensuring the quality and consistency of incoming data.
- Assist in designing and distributing of camper acceptance packets.
- Assist in transportation arrangements for campers and families.
- Participate in recruiting events.
- Facilitate summer session opening days and departure days.
- Assist with answering calls to our main office line and take/forward accurate messages to the appropriate person.
- Assist with analytics related to admissions data stored in our programmatic database. Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and other tools to support an understanding of current and/or anticipated trends.
- Assist in the design, creation, and maintenance applications and other digital forms, as well as corresponding architecture in Salesforce.
- Assist in the design and implementation of record keeping and functionality related to the revision and/or creation of admissions workflows.
- Responsible for knowing and adhering to the policies and procedures contained within the Camp Manual.
- Be flexible and willing to reprioritize and perform additional duties as assigned.
- Listen to camp community member's questions and concerns helping them to resolve any issues.
- Collaborate closely with Camp's medical team to determine camper eligibility and collect and distribute essential medical-related information.
Our Admissions Coordinator should have…
- A degree and/or coursework in related field is desirable, but there is no minimum education requirement.
- Experience with residential camp programming, preferably within the admissions department is also desirable, but not required.
- The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural environments.
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to bring a creative edge to procedural data processing, communications, and activities.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service and engage and support participants from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual/Spanish language skills preferred.
- A familiarity with key software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Salesforce, FormAssembly, Canva, Zoom, Calendly, etc.) and adaptable digital skills.
- Ability to work extended hours (especially during the summer season), including evenings and weekends, and availability for overnight travel.
- Valid Driver's license and driving record which meets HITWG insurance carrier requirements. Ability to travel to assigned worksites.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19, plus booster that meets current medical requirements.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply, please use the link below. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
Click Here to Apply
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.